ATTENTION: The BCBSM Billing Webinar (hosted by BrainShark) is no longer available. Further information regarding this training requirement will be shared in early 2022. In the meantime, there is a similar billing webinar covering the PDCM codes here.
BCBSM has education requirements for participating in the Provider Delivered Care Management (PDCM) program and billing the PDCM codes. The BCBSM education requirements include:
- Attending the Introduction to Team-Based Care course and passing the test within 6 months of starting to bill the PDCM codes.
- Watching the Specialist Team-Based Care webinar and passing the test if participating in the Specialist Team-Base Care VBR opportunity within 6 months of starting to bill the PDCM codes. Note: Specialist care team members with more than a year of care management experience are not required to take the Introduction to Team-Based Care course.
- Completing 8 hours of longitudinal education per calendar year (pro-rated for less than a year), which can include:
- Any training with approved Continuing Education contact hours
- MICMT webinars
- MICMT-approved external trainings
- MICMT standardized courses
All training requirements must be met. (Training reimbursement will not occur if requirements are not met.)
POs are responsible for attesting to the care team member’s completion of these education requirements via the MICMT care manager attestation process.
Additional information regarding training can be found in the Training Framework.