Watch BCBSM Billing Webinar
Attend Introduction to Team-Based Care
Accomplish 8 Hours of Longitudinal Education
Attend Collaborative Care Model 1
Watch Specialist Team-Based Care Webinar 2
Attend Foundational Care Team Billing 3
- 1 If participating in CoCM
- 2 If participating in Specialist Team-based Care VBR
- 3 If identified as PO Subject Matter Expert
BCBSM has education requirements for participating in the Provider Delivered Care Management (PDCM) program and billing the PDCM codes as noted in the graphic above. The BCBSM education requirements include:
- Watching the BCBSM Billing webinar video before beginning to bill the PDCM codes
- Attending the Introduction to Team-Based Care course and passing the test within 6 months of starting to bill the PDCM codes.
- Watching the Specialist Team-Based Care webinar and passing the test if participating in the Specialist Team-Base Care VBR opportunity within 6 months of starting to bill the PDCM codes. Note: Specialist care team members with more than a year of care management experience are not required to take the Introduction to Team-Based Care course.
- Completing 8 hours of longitudinal education per calendar year (pro-rated for less than a year), which can include:
- Any training with approved Continuing Education contact hours
- MICMT webinars
- MICMT-approved external trainings
- MICMT standardized courses (Introduction to Team-Based Care only counts if course repeated as a refresher.)
All training requirements must be met. (Training reimbursement will not occur if requirements are not met.)
POs are responsible for attesting to the care team member’s completion of these education requirements via the MICMT care manager attestation process.
MICMT recommends new team members consider the following educational opportunities, which count towards the longitudinal education requirements: