Practice Transformation Institute (PTI) has been approved by the Michigan Institute for Care Management and Transformation (MICMT) to provide the MICMT Patient Engagement course training. It is strongly recommended to take Introduction to Team Based Care before taking this course.
The goal of this course is for all Care Team Members to learn engagement tools/skills in order to have productive conversations with patients about their health including basic motivational interviewing skills. The Care Team Member will build upon this foundation, to utilize patient engagement skills in different situations such as Medication Assisted Treatment, (MAT) and Palliative Care. The objectives of this course are:
- Describe the patient-centered approach of MI
- Explain the conversation style that is the Spirit of MI
- Demonstrate basic MI skills
- Discuss how to use patient language cues (change talk and resistance) in the application of MI skills
- Explain how to engage the patient in the four processes in MI necessary for health behavior change
- Identify barriers to patient engagement and behavior change
- Identify how to make cultural adaptations to MI
For additional details, please visit https://micmt-cares.org/training/patient-engagement
Training cost per person: $300
If you have questions or require accommodations to fully participate in this meeting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.