Michigan Center for Clinical Systems Improvement (Mi-CCSI) has been approved by the Michigan Institute for Care Management and Transformation (MICMT) to provide the MICMT Patient Engagement course. Participants must have completed the Introduction to Team-Based Care (formerly Complex Care Management) training prior to this course.
During this training course, you will learn motivational interviewing skills to form and leverage a multi-disciplinary practice care team to:
- Effectively empower patients and their families,
- Engage patients in self-management and health behavior change,
- Positively affect patient self-care practices and decision-making,
- Provide comprehensive assessment and care planning using shared decision-making,
- Implement evidence-based interventions, and
- Advocate for the right care at the right time and in the right place.
The communication skills taught in this training encompass motivational interviewing, cultural and ethical considerations, health literacy, and — most importantly — the patient’s views and desires.
To achieve the skills above, the training session will:
- Introduce the necessary concepts
- Provide the opportunity to learn from one another
- Practice the skills via role-playing
- Provide the opportunity to participate in a “simulation interview” with a trained, standardized patient*
- Provide an interview assessment from the patient’s perspective*
*These last two bullets are unique to Mi-CCSI’s training courses.
- Certificate of Completion
- Nursing CE
- Social Work CE
Mi-CCSI will be providing CE certificates for this course.
Cost of Training:
$300 for member organizations; $425 for non-member organizations.
If you have questions or require accommodations to fully participate in this meeting, please contact email@example.com.
Registration deadline is December 13th at 8:00am