Michigan Center for Clinical Systems Improvement (Mi-CCSI) has been approved by the Michigan Institute for Care Management and Transformation (MICMT) to provide the MICMT Introduction to Team-Based Care course training. This course is required to bill care management/care coordination codes.
This training will: improve your ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team across all care settings from hospital, to clinic, to home; teach you to connect patients, providers and services to assure that care is coordinated, safe, and truly patient-centered; and teach you to work collaboratively to identify and prioritize patients in need of specialized care coordination services. Team-based roles and settings discussed include: enhanced discharge planning, holistic support and assessment of social determinants of health, improved internal patient transfers and external transfers to other facilities or to home, and knowledge of psychosocial changes that impact patient care options.
The team-based care knowledge in this training will improve your ability to:
- Effectively empower patients and their families
- Engage patients in self-management and health behavior change
- Positively affect patient self-care practices and decision-making
- Provide comprehensive assessment and care planning using shared decision-making
- Implement evidence-based interventions and advocate for the right care, at the right time and in the right place
Mi-CCSI will be providing CE certificates for this course.
If you require accommodations to fully participate in this training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training cost per person: $300 for member organizations; $425 for non-member organizations