Overview of medication assisted treatment (MAT) in the primary care setting.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The course will provide an overview of medication assisted treatment (MAT) in the primary care setting. The course is appropriate for all team members who are supporting waivered providers in the care of patients with opioid use disorder (OUD). The objectives of this course are to:
- Learn how opioids affect the brain.
- Understand the stigma patients with opioid use disorder (OUD) face and what you can do to make them feel comfortable in your clinic.
- Review what works and does not work in treating OUD and understand the reasons why.
- Explore effective ways to deliver MAT for OUD.
- Connect this to your own experience.