MICMT will hosting one of two Regional Meetings in Grand Rapids. The Regional Meeting will be comprised of a General Session in the morning and Training Sessions in the afternoon. Participants can elect to attend one or both of the sessions. Sessions are not mandatory; please only sign up for the sessions you wish to attend.
General Session (8:00-12:00) The programming is designed with the following people in mind: care team managers and supervisors, care team leads, care team members, Best Practice Award submission teams for the poster presentation and Best Practice Award recipients. The agenda will include:
- An overview of MICMT 2020 initiatives
- Deep dive into how to utilize care teams and the "why" of the work
- Simulated care team role play
Training Sessions (12:30-4:00) The programming is designed for PO Leads, Statewide Trainers, and all care team members. There will be four available training sessions:
- Introduction to Palliative Care: Introduction to Palliative Care will provide care team members with a foundation by which to begin introducing palliative care into the primary care practice.
- MAT Orientation: MAT Orientation is designed to introduce care team members to their role in supporting physicians who are providing Medication Assisted Treatment to patients with opioid use disorder (OUD). MAT Champions are expected to attend but the training is open to all care team members.
- Specialty Team Based Care: Specialty Team Based Care is designed for care team members who work in a Specialty practice. The course provides care team members with an introduction to care management and care coordination with a focus on the Specialty Physician office setting.
- Patient Engagement: Patient Engagement provides care team members with a basic introduction to motivational skills and a collaborative approach to patient care.